Enjoy the picturesque views of our countryside floatng down the San Marcos River in a tube!
River Tube Information
River tubes are available to rent from the campground. Rentals are for the day and are due back at 7:00 PM. All tube rentals include free shuttle service for the day.
Float trips go from the campground downstream to the first bridge in Prairie Lea. Shuttle pick ups are from this location only. Float trip times will vary depending on river flow.
Shuttle pick ups are only for those guests that rent tubes from the campground. Guests
that bring their own tubes/rafts will have to shuttle themselves or rent from the park.
Shuttle service is available at 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM and 6PM. No other times are available. Schedule shuttle pick up with staff at time of rental.
Lifejackets are available for rent for both adults and children.
Deposit per tube $20
- Know the water before you enter it! Conditions at the campground are usually what you encounter on the float. If you are not able to control your tube or are not comfortable in the water, do not go for a float trip.
- The San Marcos River does not follow a circular path so you will not float back into the campground!
- Do not tie tubes together. If one person gets caught by a tree, everyone gets caught.
- Small children should either ride with an adult or have a tube with a bottom with an adult holding on to them. Lifejackets are suggested.
- Do not take keys, money, or pets on your float.
- Coolers are allowed on the river, but please do not bring glass bottles.
- Do not grab on to a tree in the water. Paddle away from trees as soon as you see them. Grabbing a tree will only bring you to a stop while your tube continues downstream.
- Be smart, be safe, have fun!